Thursday, September 13, 2012

Learning Through Collaboration

World Without Walls: Learning Well with Others is an article that discusses the usage of technology to connect with others in order to educate oneself. The article talks about the role of technology in today's classrooms and the importance of technology as a means of connection, communication, and a learning tool. Author, Will Richardson, believes that it is important for everyone to be able to connect through technology, especially in a fast paced world in which there is always new news. He also believes that technology as a means of communication in a classroom is extremely important because it allows students to collaborate and learn from each other.

I was surprised when I read the part of the part of the article about the 11-year-old girl who had a blog with views from all over the world. I thought that this was very impressive for such a young girl. A quote that stood out to me was, "Much of what our students learn from us is unlearned once they leave us; paper is not the best way to share our work, facts and truths are constantly changing, and working together is becoming the norm, not the exception." I definitely agree with this. Collaboration with others is "becoming the norm" because it is easier to learn when you are collaborating with others.

Overall, I believe connected learning is a good idea. It allows us to hear each other's ideas, which we can definitely learn from. Also, personally, I find it very easy to learn from my peers. Collaborative learning through technology is a good idea for our classes.

A possible topic I would like to learn about pertaining to school is the complete filmmaking process. I would like to learn how movies are made, step by step, from pre-production to post-production.

Annotated Article

No comments:

Post a Comment